Take 5 to Innergize
Upper Back Opener
Releases tension in the upper back and between the shoulders. Improves posture. Opens chest and facilitates deeper breathing. Improves circulation to upper body. Improves energy by sending oxygen to the brain.
- Step 1: Sit upright in your chair with your feet flat on the floor, legs at a 90 degree angle.
- Step 2: Interlace your fingers behind your head.
- Step 3: As you inhale, draw your fingers toward each other, squeezing your shoulder blades together. Exhale and continue to hold the stretch. Relax your jaw and neck muscles.
- Step 4: Hold for 5 deep breaths and then release.
- Step 5: Shake out your arms and fingers.