Take 5 to Innergize
Stretches neck and shoulders, reduces tension and relieves tired muscles, promotes better posture, increases circulation to brain and facial muscles, increases energy, reduces overall stress and promotes a deep feeling of relaxation.
- Step 1: Sit in your chair, feet flat on the floor, legs at a 90 degree angle. Contract your abdominal muscles just slightly, lift up through your chest and lengthen your spine. Drop your shoulders down your back.
- Step 2: Place your hands on your thighs. As you inhale, lengthen through the crown of your head a little more, and as you exhale, gently lower your right ear toward your right shoulder. Relax your right shoulder and drop it down away from your right ear.
- Step 3: (Not Shown) Optional: To move deeper, release your left hand to the underside of your chair and gently hold on as you stretch deeper, maybe even leaning slightly to the right.
- Step 4: Stay here, breathing in and out, for at least 30 seconds.
- Step 5: Inhale and lift your head and body back to center. Exhale, lower your left ear toward your left shoulder. Repeat steps 3 and 4 on this side.
- Step 6: To come out, inhale your head and body back to center. Give your shoulders a shake, and repeat again on both sides if you have time.