Take 5 to Innergize
Legs Up the Wall
Relieves tired or cramped legs or feet, gently stretches back of legs, front of torso and neck, relieves mild backache, helps lymphatic fluid circulate through the body, helps improve varicose veins and helps with insomnia, depression and anxiety.
- Step 1: Remove your shoes and socks if possible.
- Step 2: Sit on the floor with either your left or right hip flush to the wall, legs straight. As you lie down on your back, straighten your legs up the wall and press your buttocks as close to the wall as you can. If needed, lie on a yoga mat, blanket or towel for extra cushioning.
- Step 3: Place your arms at a 45 degree angle away from your body, palms facing upward.
- Step 4: Close your eyes and completely relax, sinking into the floor. Stay here for as long as it feels comfortable.
- Variation: If you have enough wall space, while in this position, open your legs widely apart into a “V” shape. This will stretch your inner thighs and groin area.