Take 5 to Innergize
Opens and stretches tight back muscles, releases tension in shoulders, chest, arms and neck, facilitates deeper breathing, improves circulation to upper body, including heart and lungs, reduces overall stress, increases energy and more.
- Step 1: Sit slightly forward on your chair, legs at a 90° angle, feet flat on the floor. Contract your abdominal muscles, roll your shoulders back and down, and lift your chest up.
- Step 2: Reach your right arm forward, then bend your right arm and reach your right hand up, forming a 90° angle with the right arm. Reach your left arm underneath your right arm, and turn your palms to face each other, pressing them together as best you can. Squeeze both arms together.
- Step 3: Keeping both arms squeezed together in this position, lift your elbows up toward the sky as high as they will comfortably go. Stay here for 3-5 breaths, breathing deeply in and out of your upper/mid back area. Relax your shoulders and facial muscles.
- Step 4: To release, take one last inhale, and as you exhale, release both arms and place your hands on your thighs. Shake out your arms and breathe normally.
- Step 5: Repeat on the other side, switching hand positions.