Take 5 to Innergize
Opens and stretches hips, relieves tired or cramped legs or feet, relieves mild backache, helps lymphatic fluid circulate through the body, increases circulation to pelvic region (which raises libido, can regulate irregular menstruation and aid in digestion), promotes a deep sense of relaxation, helps improve varicose veins and helps with insomnia, depression and anxiety.
- Step 1: Remove your shoes and socks if possible.
- Step 2: Start in Legs Up the Wall. Sit on the floor with either your left or right hip flush to the wall, legs straight. As you lie down on your back, straighten your legs up the wall and press your buttocks as close to the wall as you can. If needed, lie on a yoga mat, blanket or towel for extra cushioning.
- Step 3: Place your arms at a 45 degree angle away from your body, palms facing upward.
- Step 4: Close your eyes and completely relax, sinking into the floor.
- Step 5: Then, bring the soles of your feet together, and allow your knees to open out to the sides. Let your knees relax and feel your hips opening. Stay here for 5-10 breaths or more.
- Step 6: To come out, straighten your legs back up the wall, then bring your knees into your chest. Roll to one side and push yourself up to a seated position.